Welcome to 13 Dreams Photography! We are a proud to serve Radford and the surrounding areas including but not limited to Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and Radford. Please take a moment to explore our sight. Our goal is to create the memories you want. Please contact us to set a personalized photo session.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Blur, Blur, Blur (Project 2)

This weeks photo project is intentional blur.  Our book outlines the 4 major photography techniques to achieve this effect. They are as follows; defocusing for a soft focus effect, using slow shutter speeds, panning or moving the camera during exposure.
I used panning for this shot of my daughter running in our yard.  I took about 50 shots before I struck gold with her beautiful smile.

This is using the long exposure method.  

I had so many wonderful ideas for this week and in the end only had time to demonstrate a couple but I will definitely keep those ideas in mind for when the opportunity presents itself.

Please feel free to leave comments tell me what you think.  If your doing the projects along with me show me your work I would love to see it!

1 comment:

Ann said...

great shots!! i'm dying to know what the blue is? i can't figure it out!! i love the one of sariah!