Welcome to 13 Dreams Photography! We are a proud to serve Radford and the surrounding areas including but not limited to Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and Radford. Please take a moment to explore our sight. Our goal is to create the memories you want. Please contact us to set a personalized photo session.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Architecture with attitude (project 1)

Today the project is architecture, specifically modern.  I myself love the old buildings with their beautiful statuary and carvings but for the sake of today's project I will resist.
 While the Sears Tower is hardly "modern" by most standards for me it suits the fulfillment of this assignment.  I love the sky reflecting in the face of the building, the lines leading you straight to the top, the almost vertigo from the height.

 "The Bean" makes for a fun photo op.  While on some levels this would be fantastic with out the crowd I think it would speak less of it's location.  It would take away from the feel of city, always on the move.
(This photo was edited using Picasa 3 using the Filtered B&W feature)

The "BP Bridge"  I think it looks like the yellow brick road leading to the Emerald City


1 comment:

Ann said...

love the pics-especially since they are of my beloved home town! great shots!

i got out an took pictures of the bridge like we talked about-fun to try and turned out pretty cool. i'm sure i'll post...eventually!